The best second-best tablet
- Many features of webOS—Just Type, threaded messaging, Pivot—make the TouchPad awesome to use
- Card interface makes it easy to manage open applications
- Internal hardware allows for smooth operation
- App selection is sizeable, and Pivot may encourage developers to pursue a spotlight that isn’t based on sales numbers
- Stereo speakers provide great sound
- Form factor is heavy and chunky-feeling
- On-screen is a little small to comfortably type on
- No rear camera or photo/video-taking applications
- Phone-optimized webOS apps can’t be enlarged
- Lack of external video options hinder it in a supplementary role, an increasingly popular use for tablets
- Flash video performance is crippling and unacceptable
- The way opening apps and cards integrate can quickly create a mess on the homescreen
Android is a mess, say developers and me
- Device fragmentation. 56% of Android developers said that operating system fragmentation among the various Android devices was a meaningful or “huge” problem, a percentage that actually increased over the past three months.
- Store fragmentation. Several developers expressed concern over Android app store fragmentation. “Generally,” Baird reports, “developers seem to prefer a unified, single store experience like Apple’s App Store.”
- Ease of development. iOS outscored Android, but both were considered far easier to develop for than, say, Research in Motion’s (RIMM) BlackBerry OS or Nokia (NOK) Symbian.
- App visibility. “iOS continues to lead,” Baird reports, “followed by Blackberry, with Android still receiving poor marks in this category.” Developers are particularly concerned about the level of “junk” apps in the Android ecosystem.
- Ability to get paid. iOS leads here too, followed by BlackBerry.
While in my opinion i would say Andriod is Fragmented(As quoted By Steve jobs) and the carriers can include scrappier framework above the Andriod Os which makes the Developers think that its a Mess
And more over The Fight Within the Andriod tablets are more than the fight against Apple.So the The developers are scratching their heads to choose between the right smartphone for andriod’s app architecture..
Belive it or not Apple and Ios Rocks..